Hugs for all CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS subscribers
COMPLETES EIGHT YEARS
For some reason, for some years after my 1966 marriage to my current husband Monte I “forgot” his birthday.
That statement isn’t totally true. What was true was that I “missed” his birthday, because I mistakenly had it in my head that it was June 18 when it was, in fact, June 12. While I was preparing to honor Monte’s birth the actual date passed me by. It took a number of years for me to do things in a timely fashion.
Birthdays are important in that they mark milestones, not only in the lives of individuals, but in the lives of other events.
So I must confess. I misread the birthday for CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS, thus believing it was February 19 when it was, in fact, February 5.
Lest I let the month of February 2014 pass by without noting that in this month, in year 2008, on the 5th day, I posted my first article on CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS.
CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS originally began on another host site, which I can only confirm back to October 4, 2006.. However, in 2007 that site changed ownership. It held the top position in blog site visits for that host site.
When the new ownership took over, it asked those of us with blogs what we wanted in our blogs. I said it was important to have the folders, and the list of the folders.
When the format was changed it became unworkable for my purposes:
- It no longer used folders—to find a post, a reader had to scroll down through the 165 posts to find what they wanted.
- All posts before the changes were presented as being posted January 1, 2007
- When posting something on the Beanery Writers Group site it would be posted on CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS. My last two posts, dated February 20 and March 7, 2008—were actually posted on the Beanery Writers Group blog site.
My last post on the original site was made on January 24, 2008.
It took a while to adapt to my new WordPress host site. My first post was made February 5, 2008: NORTHERN BAYBERRY YIELDS READY-MADE CANDLES
My first month’s posts were
- Feb. 7: BAD WRITING CONTEST ENTRY
- Feb. 10: OH, TO CLIMB SCHOODIC MOUNTAIN (Maine)
- Feb. 12: A MOTHER’S FINAL RETALIATION
- Feb. 13: 1790′S PAMPHLETEERING VERSUS 2000′S BLOGGING
- Feb. 15: THE YOUGHIOGHENY RIVER CRAWL
- Feb. 27: KILLED STRANGELY: A NEW ENGLAND MURDER STORY
- Feb. 28: OBITUARY FOR BLUE BUOY (A Blue Lobster)
- Feb. 29: SOCKATORY fantasy
I hope some of you will enjoy looking back and reading some of the first articles.
This is the 1,143th article in CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS. You, my readers, have made 1,466 comments.
Thank you all for your patronage, and special thanks to my subscribers (if you haven’t subscribed, please celebrate this 8th birthday by doing so).
Now, I must get to work on my novel. Have a great day.