LIVE IN SAFETY.
REMOVE 8 WEAPONS FROM YOUR HOME
This post is in no way to be interpreted as a political position on gun control. It is simply an observation gleaned from news items.
8 ITEMS CLASSIFIED AS MURDER WEAPONS…
AND THEREFORE YOU SHOULD REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR HOUSEHOLD
WHILE YOU’RE AT IT, REMOVE EVERY POSSIBLE WEAPON FROM YOUR HOME.
- Coffee Mugs: a prominent Southern California professional tennis referee charged with the coffee-cup killing of her husband…by beating him with a coffee cup and using its broken handle to stab him.
- Chlorox (and/or other household chemicals): Someone poured bleach or a similar chemical on a (21-month-old) baby who died in an East Hills (Pgh. PA) apartment, March 5, 2013…twins were often doused with Clorox, drain cleansers and ice water… Victor ‘s twin sister (both 11) was found Feb. 14, in a bag on the back of a truck along Interstate 95 in West Palm Beach, severely burned from being doused with an acidic substance, Feb. 6, 2012
- Gas (utility) lines: (Three people) were charged…with murder and arson in a massive explosion that killed two people, destroyed five homes and damaged dozens more in an Indianapolis neighborhood…Investigators determined that a man’s home filled up with gas after a gas fireplace valve and a gas line regulator were removed…A microwave, probably set to start on a timer, sparked the explosion and flattened much of the subdivision. Indianapolis, Ind., Dec. 21, 2012
- Spatulas: (A mother) was charged…with first-degree felony murder after prosecutors say her 5-year-old daughter was found bruised and beaten to death in late July. Police responded to the parent’s (Utah) apartment…on the report of a child in full cardiac arrest…emergency responders pronounced her dead at the scene. July 27, 2010
- Hammers: William Spengler was in jail for more than 17 years for killing his grandmother with a hammer in 1980. (from a Colin McNickle column, Jan. 5, 2013—“(Congressional House Democrats…push legislation to tighten the nation‘s hammer and club laws…Reps. C.McCarthy, D-N.Y., and D. DeGette, D-Colo., introduced a proposal to ban framing hammers and clubs weighing more than 1.5 pounds…“Hammer- and club-control advocates say the elimination of the heavier hammers and cudgels would help lessen the carnage in indiscriminate attacks.
- Cars: A Philadelphia woman, who crushed her husband to death using her car, was sentenced to life for first-degree murder…Jones was also found guilty of another: “possessing an instrument of crime” — her 2002 Acura. Oct. 27, 2012
- Water: Andrea Yates, drowned her five young children one-by-one in the bathtub…
and finally 8. Carbon Monoxide (of course, we don’t want this in the house anyway): an Ohio murder-suicide killed three children—it was orchestrated by their grandmother and uncle, who were found dead with the youngsters in the family garage. Toledo, Ohio November 2012