Hug for Monte
11 FACTS ABOUT EASTER
Easter is a Christian celebration the resurrection of Jesus. As I watch the trees bud, the lilies and daffodil leaves rise up from the ground, the dandelion-yellow of the cold’s feet, I am reminded that Easter celebrates new life and rebirth.
Below is a quiz on Easter. Enjoy.
Read about the Hill of Crosses in Lithuania
- What do virtually all languages refer to Easter as?
- What tradition did displays of green, yellow, and white flowers replace?
- What was the first symbol of Easter?
- What is nature’s most perfect container?
- What is the origin of the word Easter?
- How did ham come to be a traditional favorite for Easter dinner?
- What is Pysanka?
- What is the origin of the Easter bunny?
- Who brought the tradition of the Easter bunny to colonial America?
- Who brought the Easter Tradition of sunrise religious services to America?
Among ancient Egyptians, the original (or “world”) egg is the joint production of the god ___________, whose body is the earth, and the goddess ________ , the sky. From this first egg was born the _____________—the bird of Phoenix, the sun symbol.**
To find the answers click on MORE (more…)